I feel like Matt Bellassai when I say this, but does anyone else think the weeks after holidays are the worst? In reality, we had a pretty good week, but Monday morning was rough. Here's some fun tidbits we stumbled upon this week.
- Elf is the best Christmas movie ever! Elf is definitely at the top of my list of favorite Christmas movies. My mom, sister, and I went to see it in theaters when it came out in 2003, and the three of us laughed more than anyone else in the theater. I'm sure I'll watch the film a couple times this month, but this list already had me in stitches. - Laura
- Weekender Bags One item that was top of my to-do list this year was to replace my luggage. I was gifted my first luggage set in high school, but add on lots of travel during my college years plus a strange hook and pulley system used to raise my luggage to the top of a 4-story canal house in Amsterdam, and my bags were basically being held together with duct tape. Part of my luggage replacement included a new weekender bag, which is definitely one of my most used pieces. I love this list put together by The Everygirl of weekenders that are as affordable as they are attractive. My weekender, the Mason Satchel from Sole Society, even makes a guest appearance in the number 1 spot. It will be your perfect accessory for holiday travel! – Sarah
- Keep Your Eyes on Your Own Mat I’ve been consistent in my yoga practice recently, which has helped me become more mindful of its spiritual aspects. While this is a short read on yoga, it brings up two points that are applicable to life: keep your eyes on your own mat and let go of things you cannot control. As everything seems to be heightened during the holiday season-emotions, materialism, activities,etc.-this is a mantra I'm trying to keep in mind. - Laura
- Christmas Decorating for Small Spaces As much as I love my industrial-style loft, it can sometimes present itself as a design challenge. Although I sprung for a tiny alpine tree this year (50% off at Hobby Lobby for the win), I would definitely consider some of these decorating tips as Christmas tree alternatives. My personal favorite is the vignette of candles and greenery. I think it would look as pretty on a coffee table as it would as a centerpiece for my teeny tiny kitchen table. – Sarah
- Holiday Photo Features Grumpy 3-Year-Old Our family definitely has more than one of these types of photos. Sometimes you just don't want to stand still and smile at the camera while wearing a stuffy outfit. I love that the family saw the humor in this photo and slapped it on a Christmas card. This year, we had our own struggles getting the perfect picture... - Laura
Laura & Sarah