We have the best surprise for you all today! Our friend Sydney from Soda and Lime is joining us for a special holiday post in partnership with Jackson Morgan Southern Cream. The holidays just don't seem like the holidays without a festive drink in hand, and if you're looking for the perfect one to serve at your next holiday gathering or on a cozy Saturday just because, then Sydney has got you covered! In honor of her guest post, we are also doing a giveaway of a Jackson Morgan Southern Cream bottle, so head over to our Instagram @kindlykentucky to enter! The winner will be picked tomorrow by 7:00 PM.
Hi everyone! I'm so excited (and honored) to be guest posting for KK today! When Sarah asked me to think of something fun and holiday themed to post on, I knew I wanted to incorporate a local, Nashville product. I partnered with a local whiskey cream company, Jackson Morgan. JM gifted me a bottle of Peppermint Mocha Southern Cream for today's recipes. I had a BLAST concocting these two drinks and have no doubt that JM will become a staple on your bar cart this holiday season.
For the first drink, I did a version of JM's Peppermint Russian. It's the perfect after-dinner, dessert drink.
- 1 part vodka
- 1 part Jackson Morgan Peppermint Mocha Southern Cream
- 2 parts half and half
- Crushed peppermint (optional)
- Melted chocolate (optional)
- Melt chocolate in a small dish. Place crushed peppermint in a separate dish. (Make sure that your drinking glass can fit inside the opening of both of the dishes with the chocolate and peppermint.) Take your drinking glass, and dip the rim in melted chocolate and then immediately into the crushed peppermint. This step is optional but really gives a festive feel to the cocktail!
- Put a significant amount of ice into a martini shaker and pour the vodka, JM Southern Cream, and half and half into the shaker. Shake vigorously for about 30 seconds.
- Pour contents from the shaker into the decorated glass. Sip and enjoy.
For my last drink, I combined two of my favorite things - coffee and liquor. I call this drink The Mcallister. The holidays with my family is a lot like the scene from Home Alone when they realize that they have overslept for the airport. The house is filled to the brim with family, my brother(s) can be a pain, and we have our own version of Uncle Frank. To combat the craziness, this drink should be sipped in the morning - the sooner the better.
- 1/2 cup of strong coffee
- 1/4 cup frothed milk (or half and half)
- 1.5 oz of Jackson Morgan Peppermint Mocha Southern Cream
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Chocolate syrup (optional)
- Candy cane stick (optional)
- Brew coffee like normal, filling a mason jar or mug about halfway.
- For this step I used my Ninja Coffee Bar frother, but you can get the same effect by placing in a mason jar. Microwave milk or half and half in a glass jar for one minute. Once finished, froth for 20 seconds. If not using a coffee frother, screw lid onto your mason jar and shake for 20 seconds.
- Pour heated milk into coffee using a spoon to hold the bigger froth in the jar. Once liquid is out, use the spoon to plop the remaining froth on top.
- Top coffee with whipped cream and drizzle chocolate syrup.
- Place candy cane stick in drink. Sip and enjoy.
For your enjoyment, I have also included a montage of photos documenting an embarrassing moment with my neighbor. She walked out back to let her dog out and caught Jake taking pictures of me, fully dressed, demonstrating cocktails at 8:30 AM. I asked her if she'd like a boozy coffee she declined, I yelled that she would love it, she declined again. Jake documented my embarrassment, frustration, and giggles.
If peppermint mocha isn't your thing, Jackson Morgan also offers: banana pudding cream, southern bread pudding cream, whipped orange cream, brown sugar & cinnamon cream, peaches and cream, and salted caramel. You can browse JM's website here or follow them on Instagram @jacksonmorgancream.
Cheers to family, friends, and neighbors that make ya wanna drink!
Don't forget to head over to Instagram @kindlykentucky to enter the contest to win this cute Jackson Morgan bottle!
*Southern cream and bottle were provided by Jackson Morgan, but the opinions expressed are those of the blogger.