It's been a little nippy when I've taken Annabelle for her early morning walk the past few days, and even though the temperature is still rising to the 70s and 80s every afternoon, a small taste of fall is in the air. Like most 20-something girls, Sarah and I are excited for the upcoming season and all of the fun Instagram-worthy activities it brings.
While autumn tends to be blissful anywhere, Central Kentucky is especially beautiful during this season. Here are the 15 activities I want to tackle before Thanksgiving.
- Tailgate and watch the horse races at Keeneland
- Go hiking at Red River Gorge
- Convince Jay to have a fall photo shoot with me
- Pick pumpkins at Evan's Orchard
- Bake pumpkin everything: pie, bread, and cake
- Run a road race
- Tailgate at a home UK football game
- Visit a cider mill
- Take a bike ride through the horse farms
- Decorate the porch with mums and pumpkins
- Visit the St. James Art Fair
- Enjoy some bourbon and the scenery at Woodford Reserve
- Wander the pumpkin maze at Cherokee Park
- Have a picnic at Ashland when the Ginko leaves on Catalpa Road turn bright yellow
- Enjoy a #basic Saturday morning - blanket scarf, boots, PSL, etc.
What's on your bucket list this fall?