Last month, we asked you to respond to a poll to let us know what posts you like, don't like, what you'd like to see more of, etc. Thanks for your response! It was super helpful!
Overwhelmingly, people said they liked life updates and general lifestyle posts. Recipes, home updates and decor, and Kentucky spotlights were popular too. Friday favorite links were the least requested posts, so in lieu of that, here are some personal favorites and updates from the week!
- I'm 29! I celebrated my birthday exactly one month ago, and I'm in denial that I'm in my last year of my 20s. In some ways I feel like I'm in a good spot for my age, but then I'll play the comparison game and feel like I'm not where I should be, especially career-wise. I'm trying to remind myself to be patient and grow at my own pace. Last year, I made a list of 30 things I wanted to accomplish or experience before I turned 30, and I'm feeling good about those goals. I'm hoping to write an update soon to track my progress.
- Lake Pajamas - Okay, so this is kinda a link, but I have been wearing these suckers nonstop! They are so soft and thick but not hot. They are more than I normally spend on jammies (hello, Target PJs!), but I wear them almost nightly and don't think that will change anytime soon. Sometimes when I wake up, I can't wait to go to bed that night just to put them back on. It's a sad way to start the morning, but I can't help it!
- Clearing the clutter - Despite moving and cleaning out a lot last year, the clutter is starting to creep back in. I can't really jump on the Marie Kondo bandwagon, but if her method works for you, then you do you! I'm more of a 40 bags in 40 days type of gal, so I made my list of things to tackle and am ready to clear the clutter!
- Facebook Marketplace - In the vein of clearing clutter, Facebook Marketplace is awesome for selling stuff. It has been around for a while, so it probably doesn't come as a surprise to many of you. I've had great luck getting rid of items and usually get my asking price for them. I've never been a big fan of Craigslist, and this is so much easier than shipping things with Ebay. Plus, I feel a little safer checking out the profiles of the buyers before making the exchange.
- Weekends - We've spend a lot of time at the lake this past month, and today we are in Owensboro for ROMP, a bluegrass music festival. We're heading back to Lexington in the morning, and I'm happy to have most of the weekend at home. I'm planning to hit up the farmers market, make progress on my clutter-clearing, and attend a charity event for Central Kentucky Riding For Hope.
- Annabelle - Annabelle loves all of the summer family fun. She got to help make homemade peach ice cream on the dock last week, but unfortunately she wounded her paw playing with a friend and had to be in an "Elizabethan collar" for a few days. She couldn't figure out how to lay down while wearing it. She's loving life now that her paw has healed.
What's new with you?