After the unseasonably warm temperatures earlier this week, I'm excited to really begin celebrating Christmas this weekend with several holiday gatherings with friends and family! Here are a few things that caught our eye this week.
- HGTV Dream Home 2016 I may be getting ahead of myself, but one of my favorite thing on New Year's Day is watching the HGTV Dream Home Special. I enter the drawing daily in hopes that someday I will win the spectacular house. I couldn't help myself from looking at the pictures that are already posted on the HGTV website. - Laura
- Get ready for Fuller House! Growing up, Laura and I were major Full House fans. A show packed with corny jokes, hot Uncle Jesse, and just the right amount of drama (who remembers when Michelle fell of her horse?)--what more could you ask for? Apparently, another season. Netflix has just announced that the Tanners are back on February 26 with Fuller House. The countdown is on! - Sarah
- Gift for Your Burrito-Loving Techie Friend To be completely honest, I wanted to write an entire post about this gem of a gift idea. However, Sarah nixed that, so you can thank her. However, if you have a moment and want a laugh, please read the customer ratings and reviews on this digital burrito pouch. I got too much of a kick out of this not to share. - Laura
- I have an obsessive love for two things in my life: my college alma mater and dogs. This week, an administrator of WKU shared this photo of the university president sharing a treat with a service dog at graduation for a job well done. This was enough to make me tear up a bit and try to force my own dog to let me hug her. Even though she hated it, I think she knew the sentiment was there. - Sarah
- Be Curious. Be Brave. And Don't Get Bangs. I don't know about you, but when the year is ending and another one is approaching, I spend some time thinking about how to become my better self. I loved this commencement speech Reese Witherspoon gave at her high school alma mater in Nashville. Even as a member of the working world, it is nice to remember to keep growing and stay true to yourself. - Laura
Cheers to a fabulous weekend!
Laura & Sarah